Buying lingerie for that special someone in your life is a very thoughtful and intimate gift, and will score you many brownie points, but only if done correctly. As they say, where there is great gain, there is great risk. With so many different styles of lingerie for women available we can appreciate that this is a challenge, so we’ve put together some helpful hints to make sure the lingerie gift you give brings happiness to both of you.
1. What Styles Does She Usually Wear?
Think about the sort of underwear she usually wears, and if you’re not sure, have a very sneaky look in her drawer. If that’s not an option then as her friends or family for any recommendations.
- What style of bra does she usually wear? If you’re unsure of the different types available then take a quick look at our fitting guide. If that sounds like we’re talking double dutch, then make note of any style numbers, and we’ll try to help you out. Click here to contact us.
- What style of bottoms does she like? Your main choices here are between thongs and shorts or briefs. If she has a mixture of styles, then by all means chose the one you like best, but if she doesn’t own any thongs at all, remember there’s probably a good reason for that!
- What brand does she like? Again, it is best to stick to something tried and tested. If you purchase a lingerie gift from a brand she’s bought before, then it’s more likely to be inkeeping with her style and the sizing should be similar.
- What fabrics and colours does she like? If her drawers are full of plain white cotton smalls, then the chances are a black lacy number isn’t going to be well received. Does she tend towards patterned fabrics or plain, and are the colours bright or more subtle?
The importance of buying lingerie in the right size cannot be emphasised enough. Purchase something too small and she’ll feel big, purchase something too big and – you can see where this is heading! Not only that, but it will either need to be returned, or it’ll sit at the bottom of her lingerie drawer and neither of you will benefit from it.
Have a look at the lingerie that she wears, and just write down the size. It may all seem very confusing, but you can’t just guess, you need to get this right.
3. Remember Who You Are Buying For
Ultimately it is a present for her, not you. There is a fine line between sexy and dirty, so you need to think about what your lingerie gift is saying. If you stick to shapes and styles you know she likes, then you are showing that you’ve done your research and that you care about what she wants.
4. Check the Returns Policy
As with all presents, it’s a good idea to make sure your lingerie gift can be returned if need be; here at Large Cup Lingerie we offer free UK returns, so she can choose something else or try a different size.
If you're still not sure, loungewear can be a great option too.
If you have any questions, then please don’t hesitate to ask us. We’re more than happy to assist making in your lingerie gift memorable for all the right reasons.